Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

private car from tokyo airport to kyoto? 2008/2/20 04:31
Is there a limo service or a private car service that will take 2 people directly from the Tokyo NRT airport to a hotel in Kyoto, Japan? If so: 1. how much is this service? 2. if there are various services, which one is the best and what is the website? 3. how long (how many hours) does it take to make this trip?

thanks!
by Jill  

. 2008/2/20 17:23
Jill I'm not sure if you are aware or not aware of the distance involved in this trip or how very expensive it will be.

I don't know the exact details, I'm sure Uji has a better answer.

But to give you an estimate, it costs some 20,000yen and takes about 2 hours depending on traffic conditions by taxi just from Narita Airport to Tokyo.

A ride from Narita to Kyoto I would estimate would be 7-8 hours.

Now I don't have the exact costs of how much it would for a personal driver or taxi for this route, but I would say it would be really high.

Have you considered using trains into Tokyo and taking the Shinkansen (high speed train) to Kyoto from Tokyo. Or flying into Osaka Kansai Airport instead of Narita Airport?
by Jill rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/20 17:27
By fastest trains, it would be about 1 hour from NRT to Tokyo, and 2.5 hours from Tokyo to Kyoto.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/20 18:47
Is there a limo service or a private car service that will take 2 people directly from the Tokyo NRT airport to a hotel in Kyoto, Japan? If so: 1. how much is this service? 2. if there are various services, which one is the best and what is the website? 3. how long (how many hours) does it take to make this trip?

A taxi would cost 1.5 to 2 grand from Narita to Kyoto. Astronomical figure.

Take Narita Express to Shinagawa (if you travel on and after 15th March) or Tokyo, and change to Shinkansen. The green car on both trains costs 22,060 yen or US$ 205 p.p in total.

For connections, refer to the thread below. It takes 4 hours in total.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1...
by optimistk rate this post as useful

typo... 2008/2/20 19:35
1.5 to 2 grands

Not a typo. 2008/2/20 20:19
You were right the first time: grand.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

I appreciate you, RobBeer-san 2008/2/20 20:29
Thank you very much for your kind direction for the grammatical matter.

reply to this thread