Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what is the price of vegetables 2008/2/20 18:57
i am goining japan most probably in saitama area this is my first time in japan and will be living there for 1 yr with my roommate with 180,000 yen per month individually(sharing) is this money ok i need to spend less money so as to save for my future and on other hand we need to eat a lot not like giants but wanna make by belly full,heard japanese dont eat much and costing of food is very high
what is the cost of vegetables like ginger ,tomato if we cook daily and cook by ourself
by dipesh  

. 2008/2/20 23:13
Japanese people usually shop almost everyday for their food. They don't buy stocks and keep them for a week.

In general, vegetables and meats and fish are reasonably priced... the fruit is what's the most expensive. Cooking in Japan can actually cost more than going out to eat. I suggest you learn some Japanese recipes since those will be the least expensive. Also, premade packets (like curry, pasta sauces etc) will be cheap.

As for the amount of money you'll have, I think you'll be fine. But are you including rent, utility bills, and other bills as well??
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

Living in Saitama 2008/2/22 13:13
I don't think it is not soo expencive.. (cheaper than Tokyo anyway)

Well I just have a recept:

3 X cucumbers 199yen

by kinoko rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/24 17:58
That's actually very cheap for cucumbers.

For that price, I could get 1.25 cucumbers in Melbourne although the Japanese version might be shorter?
by Blanc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread