Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

moving/living/college in Japan 2008/2/23 15:40
I am 16 years old and am planning to move to Japan upon graduating high school.

My question is simple, I don't understand what I need to enter Japan to go to college and then live there after-wards.

Also, can I work while in college?

Ive tried to search these topics but to no avail please help me.

Thank you.
by ken47183  

Check other threads 2008/2/25 13:48
If you scroll down just a little further in this section, you will find the ''How can I move to Japan?'' thread, which now has around 197 answers in it. I posted there just recently answering (again) people with the same question as yours. Read through that and then come back if there's anything you still want to know but couldn't find there.

Here's the link, just in case you miss it:
www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+4855
by Sira rate this post as useful

Doesnt help 2008/2/26 12:04
i looked at it but it doesnt answer my question, i know i need to visit japan and learn the language....

my question was about the visas...more along the lines of am i able to work while in college and what kind of visa i would need.
by ken47183 rate this post as useful

government visa website 2008/2/26 12:20
I'm sure you will find that somewhere here too...
Have a look at the Japanese government site on visa guidelines at www.mofa.go.jp

You would need a student visa, and yes you can work, but only part-time. The government website explains this I believe.
by Sira rate this post as useful

hmm 2008/2/26 12:29
I tryed looking at it but i cant really understand, i know i need student visa but how do i make that student visa allow me to work part time?

Student visa 2008/2/26 12:40
Ken,

how do i make that student visa allow me to work part time?

It is explained on the official Immigration website...

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/index.html
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Correct URL 2008/2/26 13:06
Ken,

Sorry, I posted the main index page. In case you had problems finding it, the relevant page about student visas is here...

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/zairyuu/shikakuga...
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/2/26 13:29
thank you very much, i understand now, i look foward to moving!

ok 2008/2/27 09:09
to make sure im right, all i need is my colleges permission and to submit the proper paper work?

reply to this thread