Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using local ATM with Citibank 2008/2/24 11:57
I understand that some banks, such as Bank of America, have relationships/partnerships with local banks in Europe such that when you withdraw cash from their ATMs, you only get charged a 1% foreign exchange fee and don't get charged an ATM fee ($5, I think). Does anyone know if Citibank also has partnerships in Japan such that when I withdraw money I will not be charged an ATM fee? I know that they have branches, such as in Tokyo and in Sapporo. I will be in Hokkaido but nowhere near their Sapporo branch. If there are no partnerships, does anyone know how much the ATM fee is?
by J  

Citibank Card 2008/2/25 10:05
Citibank does not charge extra ATM fees other than their own margin (already built in). In Hokkaido you can use the 7-11 ATM or any other ATMs as long as they take PLUS/STAR/etc cards. I find their rate competitive.
by Lanny rate this post as useful

Master Card Charges At 7-11 2008/2/25 10:12
Visa Card & Amex are free at 7-11, at least from their end. Your card company might see it differently. 7-11 charges a Y210 transactions fee for Master Card. You can get up to Y500,000 per transaction per day. No matter what the card, you need a pin number to use it in Japan.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread