Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Language course in Higashi-Matsuyama 2008/2/26 03:51
I will go to Higashi-Matsuyama oct/nov 2008 and would like to follow some Japanese lessons for 3/4 weeks and alo need a place to stay. Can anyone help me with information??
Arigato
by Joke  

. 2008/2/27 08:40
Oh, you picked the wrong place to stay. ;) I lived there for 5 months and it's way out in the countryside, I felt like an inakamono there. ;)
Well, about language lessons, the H.I.F.A. group meets twice a week to help foreigners with learning Japanese for free, you can find more info about that on this website: http://www.city.higashimatsuyama.saitama.jp/out/english/engl...
However the teachers have had no special teaching training, they do this more as a hobby and most of them use English teaching books. If you seriously want to learn some Japanese, I wouldn't recommend going there as it can be quite frustrating. For picking up some words it's ok, but still, you can learn much more in the same time by yourself with learning material that's available for free on the internet.
If you are willing to spend some money, I think there is a TLC at the west side of the train station. They normally teach English, but I think it can be arranged that you get some Japanese lessons there. I think the Japanese teacher that came to my office was also from there.
As for accomodation, I can't really recommend anything, as for me this was organized by my company. I don't even know any hotels really, I just saw a few signs, one for the Park Hotel and one for which the name I forgot, but judging by the sign, it was a love hotel (rest 3500 yen, stay 5000 yen ^^).
The H.I.F.A. can arrange one night homestays at a japanese family, but probably not for longer terms.
by Haf rate this post as useful

Thank you Haf 2008/2/27 10:39
I have been to H-M before, so I know the city. Thank you for the info
by Bunnie11 rate this post as useful

Make use of the train system 2008/2/28 09:16
If you have been there before then you will also know that it's easy to get to other parts of the prefecture by train to take courses- it's probably better not to restrict yourself to a small area like that if you want to learn.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread