Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying guitar in Tokyo 2008/2/29 01:17
Hi , I will be playing in Tokyo soon , but don't want to bring my 20 year old strat, is this a good oportunity to buy a new guitar and bring it back to the UK (are there any restrictions), or would it be better to buy a cheap guitar and ditch it when finished?.
REgards.

by Images-of-you  

Buy a great guitar! 2008/3/2 10:30
Just go and buy the greatest guitar you can afford!! You will be surprised with the great, great prices Japan has for guitars. Try Ochanomizu area in Tokyo; dozens of guitar shops together. When you go back to the Uk, just donLt forget to bring your new guitar as hand luggage; and to say that you already had the guitar with you when you entered Japan, if youLre asked.
Cheers and donLt forget to show us your new baby!
by aerond rate this post as useful

ibanez 2008/3/2 19:51
i'm sure you have heard of the brand ibanez. well, it's a japanese brand and as the previous poster suggested - plenty of shops and bargains in the ochanomizu/jimbocho area of tokyo
by joseph rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/3 18:56
Hey , thanks for the replies...new guitar for me then.
by images-of-you rate this post as useful

Why play with a cheap guitar? 2008/3/3 20:37
Well, I suppose you're playing with an electric right? Then if you're going to Tokyo and planning to play, why would you do it with a cheap one? I have a Ibanez but it's an acoustic, I can vouch for it, it was reasonably cheap, and plays well, however, my electric it's an Paul Reed Smith, if you can find one in Japan, buy it, it's worth more than you think; in all aspects.
by JohnWayne360 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread