Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Night train from Hakodate to Osaka.. 2008/2/29 08:49
I'm planning to take the night train from Hakodate to Osaka on 3/30 and I found a schedule on hyperdia.com that leaves Hakodate at 23:48 on the LTD.EXP HOKUTOSEI 4. Does the Hokutosei 4 have seats or just beds? I'm planning to use the JR pass for it. There's no extra charge for reserving a seat on a night train if it's available right? Thanks much!!

Anvi

by avuu  

... 2008/3/2 11:34
The Hokutosei 4 stops operating from March 15. But on March 30, there will be a "Hokutosei" night train, departing Hakodate at 21:48 and arriving at Tokyo's Ueno Station at 9:41. It carries berths and private rooms only. No regular seats.

You might also want to consider taking a daytime train from Hakodate to Aomori (2 hours) and then catching the Nihonkai night train from Aomori (19:33) to Osaka (10:27). However, this train too, carries berths only.

You could also consider flying. It is by far the fastest (and possibly your cheapest) option:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5355.html?aFROM=2157_5350
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread