Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nihongo schools? 2008/3/2 05:52
I'm thinking about going to Japan to study Japanese after this summer, and I'm not sure which school to go to.

I would really appreciate all comments and help I can get to decide.

I'm thinking about Yoshida or ISI.
Anyone have any experience of those?
And please recommend other schools too!

I'm european so I'll find it difficult with kanji more than other asians in the school will, so maybe I should go to a school for english speakers only?

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you will help me!
/David
by David  

a few points 2008/3/2 20:12
you will find it hard to find a school that isn't mainly asians-predominately korean, followed by china. the good news is young koreans can't read or write kanji either. chinese can usually guess the meaning but get mixed up when writing.

because students are from a variety of backgrounds, most classes are taught completely in japanese. this can be frustrating if your level is very low. the good news is that japanese uses a lot of english anyway so the teacher may use some english to explain.
by joseph rate this post as useful

ISI 2008/3/8 12:12
isi hands down is the way to go. students are grouped levels, so it will never be too tough. they are the only semi government school in japan and they have a Tokyo branch and Osaka branch too
by . rate this post as useful

reply to this thread