Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much money? 2008/3/2 21:32
Can someone please advise if 200,000 Yen is enough spending money for a month in Japan? Train travel will be prepaid before landing as will hotels.
Arigato gozamaisu.
by macman12  

Plans? 2008/3/3 08:38
It sounds okay with travel and accommodation prepaid but it very much depends on what you want to do- perhaps you could give us a rough idea of your plans so we could give a more accurate answer?
by Sira rate this post as useful

That's enough 2008/3/3 10:40
If you eat kind of cheap, don't buy a lot of souvenirs, and don't do much (admission fees), then 200,000 would be fine for a month. That's about 6,500 per day. You can get cheap meals for about 500, but you won't want to eat like that every meal. Admission fees can range between 400 to 1,500 on average. So if you spend about 2,500 on meals and 2,000 on admissions (2-3 places), you still have 2,500 for souvenirs/miscellaneous per day.
by Sara rate this post as useful

Borderline 2008/3/3 17:24
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like more money is needed. I shall want to visit Kyoto, Nara, Osaka and Tokyo and see them well so I don't want to be always worried that my money is in short supply.
by macman12 rate this post as useful

Money 2008/3/5 05:57
Hi.
I was in Tokyo for 2 weeks (in Shinjuku) and I lived fine off of $450 (to give you an idea)..I did walk around to save money on the trains which I didnt mind at all since you can walk to alot of areas (I walked from Roppongi to Shibuya & back to Harajuku). I usually had noodles for breakfast in my room and ate out for lunch/dinner. It really all depends on how much you are spending on shopping and stuff (in my opinion).I think what your taking is enough.
by TW rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/5 06:25
I'm going for about the same amount of time. My current estimate is about 250,000yen.

It's always good to have more than less, in case of emergency, but you could always get traveller's cheques or use credit/debit card if you're in need of money.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

one more thing... 2008/3/5 06:26
My estimate above includes my transportation fees between tourist sites and a JR pass.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread