Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo- Fuji san - Gifu - Miura 2008/3/6 00:48
I have some question about traveling in Japan. I want to go to Gifu from Tokyo, and possibly going to Fujisan and Miura too. Would Fuji san or Miura fit for a stop before reaching Gifu? (I'm still looking for how to get there)

I want to be in Gifu around 4pm and I'm staying in Gifu for one night. What would be the most suitable route?

1) Tokyo - Fuji san - Gifu - Miura - Tokyo

2) Tokyo - Miura - Gifu - Fuji san - Tokyo

3) other options?

Which train should I take and what would be the cheapest way?
by llilitia  

... 2008/3/6 11:09
I assume you refer to the Miura Peninsula. And Gifu City.

The Miura Peninsula is just an hour south of Tokyo. Easy to combine.

The trains that run between Tokyo and Gifu pass at the southern base of Mount Fuji. On clear days, you can see the mountain from the train. If you want more, you can get off and reach Hakone or the Fuji Five Lake area for more scenic views of the mountain. In any case, it is possible to combine with your trip to Gifu.

Gifu is most easily reached by Tokaido Shinkansen via Nagoya in a little bit more than 2 hours and for about 12,000 yen one way. A slower but cheaper alternative would be by bus. There are direct night buses for 6600 yen one way. You can travel even more cheaply by taking a really cheap bus from Tokyo to Nagoya (from 3000 yen) and then by local train to Gifu (450 yen). Here is a cheap bus operator:
http://www.123bus.net/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Gifu 2008/3/6 19:31
I am a Japanese female living in Gifu-city.

I'm just wondering where are you planning to visit in Gifu? The reason why I ask such thing is that I'm afraid that there is no place worth visiting in Gifu-city especially in early spring (except for Takayama , but Takayama is 2-hour away from Gifu-city).

I'm sorry my English is terrible.
I don't mean to disappoint you though. I just want you to make good memory in Gifu. If there is anything I can help you, please reply.
by bb rate this post as useful

thank you 2008/3/6 22:43
Uji, I'm really thankful for your answer. Yes, I mean that Miura ^_^

to bb, we want to go a concert at Nagara-gawa kokusai kaigijo main hall. (concert by the band called the GazettE)
by llilitia rate this post as useful

^v^ 2008/3/8 11:59
Have a great time at the concert in Gifu!
by bb rate this post as useful

reply to this thread