Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

lower priced hotels by Disney ? 2008/3/6 15:57
Hello, I am planning on going to Disney Tokyo for 1 or 2 weeks. Anyways what are some of the lower priced hotels that are close to Disney.

I can't drive so I would either have to walk or take the bus.
by Tim  

... 2008/3/6 16:58
are you planning on basing yourself next to Tokyo Disney Resort? Why not stay somewhere cheaper as access to Disney is very easy by train.

BTW, I hope you don't plan on going to Disney every day of that 1-2 weeks. That probably wouldn't be good for your mental health (or your wallet).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

hi 2008/3/6 17:02
No I don't plan to stay at a Disney hotel. I mean one right by it.

I am a big Disney fan, so I will be going to Disney just about everyday.
by Tim rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/6 17:19
There are a number of non-disney hotels right next to the resort.

Have you seen this page:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/english/hotel/index.h...

The 6 official hotels have rates that are much better than the Disney resort hotels (7000-2000 vs 30000+ per night).

If you are a serious Disney fan (and it sounds like you are) I would recommend staying at the Hotel Mira Costa at least one night. You get early access to the park and if your room has a view you can see all the preopening and late night procedures that go on that the public doesn't get to see.

... 2008/3/6 17:22
Do you plan to do anything else while in Japan? If you are then I'd recommend doing Disney during the week while it is less crowded and other things on the weekend when the park gets more crowded.

thanks 2008/3/6 17:24
Thanks :) I will check out the link and I will post a trip report when I get back, but it will be a while until I go on this trip. I just want to get lots of idea way in advance so I know what I am doing lol

height 2008/3/6 17:28
By the way I am 6 foot 3 (191 cm) and I heard that tall people sometimes have to duck on buses and going throw doorways ect.

Will I need to duck a lot when I am at Tokyo Disney and other places and how well will I fit on rides.

I might do other things 2008/3/6 17:32
Yes I might spend a little bit of time doing other things when I am there. Like maybe go to some of the old shops and look for older rare stuff as I have always been interested in this.

... 2008/3/6 17:35
sorry can't help you too much with the height question as I'm pretty short :(

I'm guessing you will be fine. I've been with a friend who is 5'10" and he had no problems that I'm aware of.

Japanese address 2008/3/7 02:06
I've been looking at Disney Resort hotels as well and I think you can't book rooms in the MiraCosta, the Ambassador and the new Disneyland Hotel online unless you have a Japanese address.

If you are using a travel agent, they may have a way to book it for you. My travel agent suggested one of the six Disney hotels just outside the park.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

Thanks for the information Keitm :)

I would rather stay offsite,because the hotels would be cheaper. I heard that a lot of their buses have shuttle service to the park.

I will be so happy to be in Japan and Disney so if I have to duck when I am on the bus it will not be that big of a deal :)

Hi 2008/3/8 10:50
Yes yllwsmrf, I don't think the height will be too much of a problem anyways. I just wanted to ask.

I even have to watch me head in the USA, so I am sure it will not be that big of a deal, especially since I will be in Disney so much and Disney gets people from all over the world, so I am sure they had different heights all over the world in mind when they built Tokyo Japan :)

reply to this thread