Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

i need help to translate... 2008/3/8 07:01
I was listening to a song and decided to try and translate it, but there's a part I donLt understand: what does "kokoro shite iki you" means?
The really confusing part for me is "shite", I don't understand it's meaning. Can someone help me, please?
Sorry for my English, I know it's not the best...
by lolymie  

... 2008/3/8 12:18
Wasn't there another phrase before "Kokoro shite ikiyou"? But to give you a translation without any more information, it would be "Let's live while keeping (it) in our heart" = "Let's keep (it) in our heart as we live."

There are two verbs here in this sentence. "shite," which comes from "suru/shimasu," and "ikiyou" which comes from "ikiru/ikimasu."

"kokoro suru/shimasu" = to keep (something) dear in one's heart
"kokoro shite" = (te-form of the above verb "suru/shimasu) keeping (something) dear in one's heart
"ikiru/ikimasu" = to live
"ikiyou" = (a form of the above "ikiru/ikimasu") let (us) live, (we) will live

When you want to combine two or more verbs to say "do (something) and do (something)," this "te-form" is used. "shite" is te-form of the verb "suru/shimasu."
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/9 23:37
The full part of the song is:
"Yomi no kuni ni mukau no wa
subete na shitogete
sore made kokoro shite iki you"
I hope this helps!
by lolymie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread