Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

about the sumo May tournament 2008/3/10 07:55
Hi,

I noticed that there will be a sumo tournament in Tokyo starting from 11th of May. I would like to go and see the tournament, but I only have time to see the very first day of the tournament (11th).

Will there be any matches going on on the 1st day, or is it just ceremonies and such? If there are matches going on, is it possible to buy tickets to the tournament only few days before it begins, or are they usually sold out really fast?

And to the end i would like to ask if any one would know how much the tickets usually cost?

The 11th day is my birthday and I am wondering if it would be better to stay for the tournament or fly to Okinawa and celebrate birthday there.
by Maki  

... 2008/3/10 09:51
Will there be any matches going on on the 1st day, or is it just ceremonies and such?

Yes, there will be matches!

If there are matches going on, is it possible to buy tickets to the tournament only few days before it begins, or are they usually sold out really fast?

The first day usually is sold out. It will be difficult to get tickets especially in the short term.

And to the end i would like to ask if any one would know how much the tickets usually cost?

Here you go:
http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/ticket/tokyo.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

More about Tokyo's tournament 2008/3/11 04:38
Hi again,

Thank You for the answer. I still have few more questions about it. What about the last days of the tournament? Are they sold out as quickly as the opening day? Is it possible ( in theory ) to get some tickets to the last day for example only few days before the tournament begins? I will be arriving to Tokyo on the 9th of May..

I also read that it is not possible to buy the tickets from abroad, because there is a certain credit card one needs to use. Is this really true?
by Maki rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/12 09:21
I also read that it is not possible to buy the tickets from abroad, because there is a certain credit card one needs to use. Is this really true?

Not necessarily. It is difficult to get tickets from abroad because you need a Japanese address to have them sent to.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread