Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A day trip from Osaka to Hiroshima? 2008/3/10 14:05
I'm going to arrive Kansai Airport on April 6 (Sun). Is it a good idea to leave our luggage somewhere in Osaka (which I still don't know where) and make a day-trip to Hiroshima, or stay one night in the city? There are only two places I want to visit including Miyajima and Kintai bridge. Thanks so much.
by Kitty  

lockers 2008/3/10 23:15
most of the larger train and subway staions have lockers big enuff for most luggage. And some have luggage rooms where you can store for a fee.
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Stay over in Hiroshima 2008/3/11 00:52
Thanks. Is Hiroshims worth a stay or a day trip is just enough?
by kitty rate this post as useful

Day Trip to Hiroshima? 2008/3/11 05:37
Hello Kitty:

You didn't say what time you arrive at Kansai Airport and the first City you're staying in as well as your itinerary and how long your stay in Japan is. Anyway, if this is your first trip to Japan or this area, I would not do a day trip to Hiroshima.

You should stop-over for a few hours at Himeji to visit Himeji Castle, probably the best original state castle in Japan. This stop-over can be on your way to Hiroshima or on your way back from Hiroshima. While in Hiroshima, you can skip Hiroshima Castle and visit Peace Memorial Park and the Atomic Bomb Museum followed by visiting Miyajima Island. These are "must see" places.

The Kintaikyo Bridge is also a very good tourist's attraction that you may want to fit into your schedule. There are so many worthwhile places to visit in the general area such as Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, etc. Again, these are without the benefit of knowing your itinerary. I know, you will enjoy your visit no matter where you end up visiting. Well, that's my 10 cents opinion.

Have a safe and wonderful trip and may you be blessed with good weather.
by Harold rate this post as useful

Overnight in Hiroshima 2008/3/12 00:55
Very nice of you Harold - Thanks so much. We'll arrive Kansai at 6am. This will be our 4th time in Japan. We're going to have total 7 days - one in Hiroshima (Overnight or a day trip?), one (stay in Osaka) to explore Himeji and Okayama (possible?), up to Takayama for an Onsen resort (2 days 1 night) and then back to Osaka (2 days in Osaka, probably half a day in Kyoto to visit a few places we missed last time, and another in Kobe). We're not into art, antique but we enjoy nature, garden, must-see places, dining and shopping. Would appreciate more comments on out trip plan.
by kitty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread