Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya to Osaka/Kyoto at night time 2008/3/15 01:19
I'll arrive Nagoya Airport about 20:00 PM and like to travel to Osaka or Kyoto after that. Anyway, I can't find night bus or night train going there.
Could you please suggest me?
How to go to Osaka or Kyoto on night time with the cheapest fare?
Is there any night train/bus?

PS. I decided to use JR Pass on the next day, so I'll not go by Shinkansen.

Thank you and I really appreciate your help!
by Pear  

... 2008/3/17 23:24
Nagoya-Kyoto/Osaka is too close to run night bus. If you use local trains, you may reach Kyoto/Osaka with 1 connection at Maibara but there's no transportation running when you arrive there. I think it is better to stay overnight in Nagoya.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Nagoya to Osaka 2008/5/18 22:11
If you are arriving at Nagoya Airport at 20.00 it will take about 30 minutes to pick up your luggage, clear customs and buy a ticket from the airport to Nagoya Station. The train trip from the airport to Nagoya Station takes another 35 minutes, so should be able to buy a ticket from Nagoya Station to Kyoto Station by 21.30. The Shinkansen Hikari #387 leaves Nagoya at 22.08 and arrives at Kyoto Station at 22.56. You should be able to connect OK and get to Kyoto without any problems.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Kintetsu Railway 2008/5/18 22:28
You can also consider Kintetsu Railway, which is cheaper to Osaka than JR service
by Ts rate this post as useful

Kintetsu's last train 2008/5/19 00:32
The Kintetsu's last limited express train from Nagoya to Osaka-Namba leaves at 21:30.

It may be hard to take the train.
by time table rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/5/19 11:25
Thanks all you guys..
I've just back from Japan today.
Finally, my flight had some problem and we had to go to Nagoya by NEX and Shinkansen from Narita -.-
and we arrived at Nagoya Sta. about midnight..it's so bad - -
by Pear rate this post as useful

reply to this thread