Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

spouse visa for an overstay be possible? 2008/3/16 19:01
i am a filipina.an overstay for almost 1 yr and 4 months.my entry here in japan was a tourist visa by my first husband.it turns out that my first marriage failed.during the process of applying my spouse visa,my first marriage was not working well.the time that my husband is off duty and he is at home im avoiding him until he fall asleep.ive tried to call my former boyfriend i met when i was working in shizouka ken as an entertainer before.coindentally he lives in gifu.without the knowledge of my husband i dated with my former boyfriend.the time i was out for dating,the immigration officer came to our house for the inspection.it was 3 times that im always out for dating.my spouse visa was denied and i was just allowed to stay for a month and go back to my country.a month before my visa is over i left my husband.since then i lived with my boyfriend.i decided to overstay because i was got pregnant with my boyfriend.2 months after the expiration of my visa i experience miscarriage.we lost our baby.but still my boyfriend wanted me still and want to marry me.i filed a divorce with my former husband last june 4 2007.at present we are processing our marriage.after getting our marriage certificate and all the documents required, im afraid if we file for certificate of eligibility in immigration,will i be hold in there custody since im an overstay.spouse visa be possible in my case?help me...........
by aira  

. 2008/3/18 13:25
I would be surprised if they didn't detain you and then deport you for overstaying almost 1 1/2 years. But all you can do is to try and hope for the best.
by Po rate this post as useful

Probably??? 2008/3/18 15:26
I do not see anything that can helo you here. I guess they will deny any kind of visa for you in the future, includes new spouse visa.
by Camacho rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/18 19:20
I am not a lawyer, so I do not know. I heard it's not impossible, but I am not very optimistic.

I have heard of a case of an overstayer getting married to a JP national while staying in Japan, and applying for a spouse visa and being granted the visa in the end, though it involved a lot of regular visits required to the authorities (as if you were on a parole) and beaurocratic procedures. I believe that in that case, the JP national was a journalist (or a writer), and they did have a lot of supporters. But it was not easy at all.

In your case, it could be further complicated by the fact that on previous occasions you were found to be away from home when they visited, and were denied the spouse visa once. And also unfortunately you spent a long time overstaying before you could get married.
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks ak 2008/3/20 15:11
it took us long before we finally got married because under philippine embassy here in japan we are allowed or be given a legal capacity to marriage after 6 months of my divorce.my divorce paper was applied last june 4 , 2007.i reported my divorce papers in philippine embassy,after 3 weeks we under go for our personal appearance in osaka consulate for my legal capacity to marriage.and we got married in city hall.we must wait for a week to get his new koseki tohon reflecting our marriage.then we send report of our marriage in osaka consulate.likewise my paasport would be ammended.....the processing took us long before we appear in immigration.....
by aira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread