Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Just need some help writing 2008/3/17 15:21
Hello, I want to write a letter and I want it to say.

I go to school at Arizona State University and my major is cultural anthropology. I can't wait to meet you in person, thank you for taking me in your home.
by Brai  

granted i'm not fluent 2008/3/18 19:59
perhaps a fluent speaker can help later but here's what i can do.

I go to school at Arizona State University and my major is cultural anthropology. I can't wait to meet you in person, thank you for taking me in your home.

私はアリゾナ州大学で勉強しています。専攻は文化人類学です。会うときを楽しんでいますよ。御
宅に誘ってくれてありがとうございました。

わたしは アリゾナしゅう だいがくで べんきょう しています。せんこうは ぶんかじん るいがくです。あう ときを たのしんでいますよ。おたくに さそって くれて ありがとう ございました。

That last sentence I'm not so sure about.
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/18 22:29
The "I can't wait to meet you in person" sentence should be:
(In kanji and hiragana) 会うのを楽しみにしています。or 会えるのを楽しみにしています。
(In hiragana only) あうのを たのしみに しています。 or あえるのを たのしみに しています。
(In romaji) "Au no wo tanoshimi ni shite imasu." or "Aeru no wo tanoshimi ni shite imasu."

(To Miyuki: "tanoshinde imasu" is "am enjoying." To say "I look forward to...," you would want to say: "tanoshimi ni shiteimasu.")

The last part "Thank you for taking me in your home": do you mean it as "thank you for accepting me to stay at your home," like for an exchange program, or maybe it's some e-mail friend/penpal of yours who agreed to put you up during your stay in Japan?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread