Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job Interview Attire 2008/3/24 16:46
I'm going to my first job interview in Japan this week and I want to know what the appropriate interview attire would be for a low-paying (Y1,000 per hour) blue collar type of job. I have a suit but I wouldn't wear it for this type of job back home but I don't know what's customary in Tokyo.
by Tim  

suit 2008/3/25 12:42
Wear the suit. You can`t go wrong with the suit for a job interview in Japan, blue collar work included. My previous company had a lot of blue collar workers and the prospective new employees (even the job-seekers who were not just out of high school or university) pretty much all wore suits when they came and had the interview and got the company tour.
by employee rate this post as useful

Suits 2008/3/27 07:59
My school teacher taught us to always wear some sort of formal dressing to a job interview, it makes a good impression and it shows your serious about getting the job! Even if its applying at Mc.Donalds or something like thatl.
by Aaron rate this post as useful

reply to this thread