Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding a job for American... 2008/3/25 12:13
Hello,

Now I know there are lots of post related to this topic, but I don't have time to go looking through them all. I have just some questions about living in Japan, from the States.

I'm about to graduate High School and I have always wanted to live in Japan. There are so many things that I keep finding out that hinder me from doing so.

From what I have gathered I can not work in Japan because I am American without a college degree. So is that basically it? There is no other way of living there without me having a college degree? And I see I can't apply for a Holiday Visa because i'm American also.

What are my options?
by Tyler  

... 2008/3/25 12:40
I'm assuming you want to spend more time in Japan then the 90 day tourist visa allows.

I think a student visa is your best bet for longer term stay in your current situation. However, you will need a lot of money saved beforehand.

If you want to eventually move to Japan then consider coming to Japan on a tourist visa first, check out the country and decide if you like it. Then if you decide that you want to move there you should make it a long term goal, get a bachelor's degree in the US, and plan on moving to Japan in about 5 years or so.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

artist visa? 2008/3/28 11:51
i wondered the same thing-- what about those of us who aren't students? i have heard of some kind of visa for artists, though, -- anyone know more about that?
by anonymouse rate this post as useful

reply to this thread