Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Puzzle of some sort not sure. 2008/3/26 16:37
One of my friends sent me a romanji translated riddle of some sort, and I didn't know where else to ask. XD

iwayuru kemono (maru) monotoka kyo (maru) monotoka ...

I'm guessing the (maru) parts are the Kanji zero which are used as a blank space. The only word I recognize in that whole thing is ''kemono'' or beast. So what do the rest of the words mean?
by Davis  

A wild guess... 2008/3/26 22:22
I'm taking a wiiiiiild guess here, with a bit of correction on the original.
"So-called monster stories and dinosaur stories, etc."

For that, the original had to have been (with the position of the first blank shifted):

いわゆる 怪獣ものとか 恐竜ものとか。
Which reads:
Iwayuru [kai] ju mono toka, kyo {ryu] monotoka.

The kanji 獣 reads both "juu" and "kemono" as well. ...Let me know if this fits the context at all. I could be totally wrong :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Found something. 2008/3/27 04:35
いわゆる獣 ものとか去 ものとか

My friend gave me the original japanese text.
by Davis rate this post as useful

Ahh...Umm... 2008/3/27 05:31
獣(姦) = zoophilia
去(勢) = castration
by Hiro rate this post as useful

ROFLMAO 2008/3/27 05:33
Seriously?!?! WTF?! ROFLMAO

Ahh...Umm... 2008/3/27 06:05
I guess the text is a part of "otaku" conversation.
Isn't Your friend a manga fan?

Um... 2008/3/27 06:14
Yeah he is.

Another thing... I asked a friend about it and he said the first blank could be ''jin'' or god. Would that work?

Something else. 2008/3/27 06:33
My bad I think 獣人 would fit in the first blank since it would mean something like half man and half animal right?

hmm 2008/3/27 06:41
Jujin(獣人) may be another answer.
Jujin(獣神) doesn't fit for "去○"

I need... 2008/3/27 07:11
To find out every possible combination. That would be the only way possible to solve this XD It's such a pain.

The point is 2008/3/27 07:40
Usually, "○(maru)" is used in a vulgar word like "f**k".

Hmm... 2008/3/27 07:49
He told me that it was used as a blank space that would be one character in length.

Let me jump in here! 2008/3/27 19:40
I guess the second kanji is wrong.

いわゆる獣(人) ものとか狂(人) ものとか
or
いわゆる獣(人) ものとか巨(人) ものとか

It's a likely otaku conversation about B-movies.
by Takeshi rate this post as useful

Nope 2008/3/28 02:20
He shown me the piece of paper he wrote it on the kanji is correct... One thing I noticed though is that the character "kemono" is also pronounced "keDAmono" so there is a chance that it could be the DA that is needed, but I don't know of anything like that on the second character. Does anyone else?

... 2008/3/28 07:26
No, that is not possible, because it's just that that one kanji 獣 can be read as either "kemono" or "kedamono," so there is no room for "da" to come in if it's written in kanji from the start :( I give up on this one :(
by AK (Japanese) rate this post as useful

Now I'm confused. 2008/3/29 04:33
Because what I meant was that maybe that's what the person who made the thing wanted people to find out. Because the only difference between the Kemono and Kedamono reading is the DA in KeDAmono.

... 2008/3/29 08:20
What I'm saying is that the kanji "獣" *by itself* reads as "kemono" or "kedamono," it is not that 獣もの reads "kemono" and 獣だもの reads "kedamono."

That's why I've been assuming that 獣 would be read "ju" and the blank filled by another kanji, not hiragana, to form a word :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Oh... LOL 2008/3/29 13:37
Okay I understand LOL Sorry.

reply to this thread