Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visting Japan 2008/3/27 23:36
i will be visiting japan on April and below are my itinerary and question

Day 1. reached narita (7am) spending the full day in Disneyland and stay in a hotel around Disneyland
Day 2. Visiting Nikko from Tokyo (Staying in tokyo)
Day 3. Around Tokyo sight seeing (Staying in tokyo)
Day 4 . Going to Kamakura in the morning to vist Great Bronze Buddha / Hachiman Shine and Hasedera Afternoon going to Hakone (Staying in Hakone)
Day 5. Early afternoon depart from odawara to Hiroshima expected to reached Hiroshima at 7pm
Day 6. morning - Miyajima, Early afternoon - Himeji and spending the Night in Kobe
Day 7 - Kobe to Nara (staying in Kyoto)
Day 8 - Around Kyoto Area
DAy 9 - Going to Kansai international airport

Question
1. If i reached Nikko at about 1pm, is it possible to visit chuzenji before catching the train back to Tokyo in the evening
2. How about going to kurifuri height instead of Chuzenji Lake
3. Any place to visit in Hakone at night
4. Is it possible to visting miyajima in about 3 hour, (just need to take some photo and see some of their famous place before i catched a train to Himeji before 3.30pm)
5. Kobe night i will be visiting the Akashi Kaikyo bridge and Harbourland to take night photograph i had about 4 Hour
6.i will reached nara in the late morning, visting todaji and horuji temple. is is possible
7. Can i travel from hakone to hiroshima using a JR pass without spending additional surcharges

Thanks

by livy  

hmmm 2008/3/28 09:42
Your schedule looks like you'll be spending most of your time on trains. Slowing down will allow you to actually see more.

There is nothing going on in Hakone at night. If you plan on doing the loop you'll need much more than a morning to do so.

Kamakura and Hakone on the same day is way too much--especially since you aren't staying in Kamakura. The two aren't exactly close to each other.

Nikko isn't that close to Tokyo either. If you want to see Nikko you should spend at least one night there.

For a trip as short as 9 days I wouldn't recommend more than two cities (Tokyo and Kyoto) with maybe one or at most two day trips. (Nikko OR Kamakura and Himeji OR Nara)

If your goal is not to see and experience Japan but to say you've been to a bunch of places then your current schedule looks possible.
by acase rate this post as useful

rushed Japan tour 2008/3/28 16:19
livy,
to reply to your questions ( You hold JR Rail Pass, right? ):
1.) lv Tokyo 10.20 h shinkansen Utsunomiya local train Nikko arrival 12.21 h ( next train arr Nikko 13.20 h // lv Nikko 19.03 h arr Tokyo 20.48 h later trains possible
2.) up to you
3.) staying in a ryokan, enjoying Japanese dinner and afterwards taking a bath in an open air bath rotenburo
4.) It is 30 min JR train ride and 15 min by JR ferry from Hiroshima to Miyajima, there are direct hikari shinkansen lv Hiroshima 12.50 h or 13.30 h arr Himeji 13.53 h / 14.53 h, two hours for walk and castle later frequent hikari and kodama shinkansen to ShinKobe station 25 min.
5.) night travel: check timing, no public transport in Japan in the night
6.) Kobe - Nara takes about 2 hours, Nara - Kyoto 50 min
7.) On your day 4 around 07.00 h lv Tokyo ( any later means less time for Hakone ) arr Kamakura 08.00 h two hours sightseeing, arrive Odawara around 11.00 h here buy Hakone 2 day Pass ( no validity of JR Pass within Hakone area )
An extremely rushed tour, but doable
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread