Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo 7 Days Trip 2008/3/28 14:42
Hey there! I will be traveling to Tokyo from 3 april 08 to 9 april 08 with 3 adults and 1 child. Its our first trip there and really looking forward. These are the places which I planned to visit (Tsukiji Fish market, Asakusa, Ueno, Metropolitan Building, Shinjuku, Imperial Palace, Tokyo Bay, 1 day trip to Hakone/Fuji 5th station, Odaiba, Meji Shrine & Disneyland). Please kindly advice whether my trip is overloaded? Also I need help to plan a smooth & economical itinerary traveling from one place to another daily. Btw...I am open for other suggestions, like other great places which I have missed. Is Ikebukuro a worth going place to shop for cheaper range of goods? Thank you so so much! Hope to hear from you soon!
by Fannetta  

Suggestions 2008/3/28 18:05
Hi, I've only been to Tokyo once but it seems to me that you might be a little over ambitious with your goals. If properly planned, or language is not an issue, that itinerary would possible. I'd recommend quality time at your most desired sights. ;) As for Ikebukuro, it is not the only place for cheap goods. You will find them almost everywhere with the exception of Ginza and Omote-sando.
by Lightness rate this post as useful

Outside Tokyo. 2008/3/29 15:46
Unless you are particularly interested in Tokyo, with 7 days of travel, you might consider including another destination. Keep in mind that Kyoto is only 2.5 hours away by Shinkansen (bullet train).

Unlike Paris, or Rome, Tokyo isn't really the cultural center of Japan, and quite unlike some other parts of Japan. Though some people love Tokyo, some people also dislike it.

You might also consider nearby Kamakura. Kamakura is a slightly rural (by Tokyo standards) beach town with a number of historical attractions.

I highly recommend the Ikebukuro Traditional Crafts Center, if you want to purchase uniquely Japanese items.
by Inago rate this post as useful

Tokyo 7 Days Trip 2008/3/30 00:15
Hey there! Thank you so much for your advices. Appreciate all!
by Fanneta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread