Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rail pass or not? 2008/3/29 04:32
Another one of these questions...I'm planning on about a 11 day trip starting in tokyo going out to osaka/kyoto and working back to tokyo...would it be worth it to get the 7-day JR pass, or get individual one way tickets? I would probably only stop at most 2 more cities between tokyo and osaka. Thanks!
by kwva  

. 2008/3/29 09:17
If your trip from Tokyo to Osaka and inbetween is done within 7 days then generally a 7 day pass pays off.

Of course there are things like overnight highway buses, or certain discount tickets (found in the individual city "transportation" pages.)
by John rate this post as useful

it depends 2008/3/29 21:28
If you can use the bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka and back, I would get the 7 day rail pass. If you can use it only one way, I would not bother with the rail pass.
by Buzz rate this post as useful

kwva, 2008/3/30 05:06
The 7 day JR Pass is worth when you start it on the day of your first long distance travel from Tokyo and you return to Tokyo from a long distance ( Osaka, Kyoto ) not later than the 7th day. The 3 remaining days: Day 1 from airport to city? Take NfEx Suica combination = you have Suica for innerTokyo travel on day two and day last buy Keisei line ticket, cheaper than JR, city to airport.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread