Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival 2008 2008/3/31 16:57
Konnichi-wa!
I have one question concerning the Hirosaki cherry blossom festival 2008 (Aomori prefecture):
On April 26th /27th I will visit Hirosaki. Can you tell me the opening hours of the Hirosaki park? When does it open in the morning and when does it close in the evening? How long is it open in the evening during the cherry blossom watching time?
I am waiting for your answer, Arigato!
Greetings from Vienna, Austria
by Constanze Lissy  

Hirosaki Park 2008/4/3 18:54
It seems that you can enter the Hirosaki park anytime you want to. But the lighting-up in the evening will end at 11:00 pm. You have to pay an admission fee of 300 yen if you want to enter Honmaru/Kitanokaku (the castle) area from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm during the festival.

Concerning the above and an expected crowd of visitors in the daytime, you may want to go see cherry blossoms early in the morning and/or later in the evening.

Enjoy ohanami!
by mm rate this post as useful

Sorry.... 2008/4/3 19:01
A minor correction: I meant to say not 'Concerning' but 'Considering.'

me too 2008/4/4 23:36
I will be in Hirosaki this 22/4/08. think I'll be in time to see sakura? any interesting places there beside Hirosaki Castle, cos i will be there from 11am til 4 in the evening.
by mcking rate this post as useful

Of course! 2008/4/5 15:59
I assure you'll be in time to see sakura as the festival is scheduled to start on 23th April and they forecast that the cherry trees in Hirosaki will come into blossom on 18th April this year.

Beside Hirosaki Castle, you can also visit a botanical garden, a museum, and a shrine inside the park. If you want to see the botanical garden, you are to pay 200 yen plus the admission fee to the castle. Get a "kyotsu-ken" ticket.

reply to this thread