Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Software Quality Assurance Job in Japan 2008/3/31 22:58
I have been contacted by an agency for a Software Quality Assurance Job in Japan. There offer is between 200K-400K Yen per month. Is this good enough? I have more than 6yrs experience. How is the considerable salary for this job in Japan?
by SQA  

Other benefits? 2008/4/1 23:02
The salary sounds about right. Any other benefits such as housing, moving assistance, bonuses, etc? These make Japanese companies attractive.
by Kiyo rate this post as useful

the higher number is good 2008/4/2 07:48
The higher end of that sounds good for that kind of job if you have 6 years of experience- my husband is involved in software testing and started his present job on about 400,000 per month, with 2 bonuses a year.

Unless accommodation etc. is provided/ paid for, 200,000 is low, and is not a comfortable salary to live on in a large Japanese city- I wouldn't accept that amount, but 350,000 up is reasonable.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Software Quality Assurance Job in Japan 2008/4/2 18:26
Tnx for gving me an idea. wat if I bring my 2kids and wife wid me. assuming i get 400K/mo will it be enaf. can my wife look for a job in japan?
by THANZEE rate this post as useful

bringing family 2008/4/2 19:06
A wife and 2 kids changes the picture a bit. 200,000 yen would be nowhere near enough, and 400,000 would be tight with a family. If your wife can find a job (what skills does she have? English ability?) then that will help a lot. If she is on a dependent visa she will be able to work part-time but not straight away.

A problem will be the children's education- your salary will most likely not be enough to send them to international schools, and ordinary Japanese schools would be very tough for kids who speak no Japanese.
by Sira rate this post as useful

tough 2008/4/2 20:13
If that's without assistance for housing & schools, it will be impossible for an English only speaking family with two school age kids, even at 400,000/month. A typical International school will charge around 300,000yen/month for two kids. The home needs to be a reasonable size for 4 people.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Software Quality Assurance Job in Japan 2008/4/2 20:52
i hving a clear view on how to dcide. tnx. one more concern is the tax. if i agree wid 400K/mo less tax how much will be my take home /mo. wud it be enaf to save or just to survive.?
by SQA rate this post as useful

reply to this thread