Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying tickets from touts? 2008/4/2 20:48
Im currently in Tokyo and really want to see Polysics play, however their Akskusa gig for next week is sold out and I cant tell if theyve any more nearby comming up. So I was wondering if its normally possible to buy spare tickets on the day. Either from a gig goer or from a tout. Is this legal as I know in a few places, touting isnt. Also Its 3000yen ticket, so what may I be expected to pay?
by Tyler  

... 2008/4/3 11:20
Touting is illegal in Japan. But a lot of people buy from them. But then, the income goes to the yakuza, criminal organizations that usually make money buy selling drugs or murdering people. Also, the premium is quite out of the question. In my 30 years of attending gigs, I've never bought from touts.

A lot of people buy from gig goers at the venue on the day. But there's a lot less gig goer tickets than touts.

Another great option is using internet fan forums. A lot of them don't allow ticket trade, but at least you may be able to obtain information.
by Uco rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/7 18:42
So I Have A Better Chance Of Standing Outside Early Before The Gig With A Sign Saying Im Looking For A Ticket?
by Tyler rate this post as useful

---- 2008/4/10 04:15
You can get just about anything if you're willing to pay the price.
by Pop rate this post as useful

reply to this thread