Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japan rail pass use 2008/4/4 05:19
Re japan rail pass, can I use it tight after I exchange voucher for narita airport to tokyo station?
by kitty  

... 2008/4/4 11:11
Yes. You can make immediate reservation and use it on the Narita Express to Tokyo.
by ... rate this post as useful

JR pass query 2008/4/4 12:28
kitty, sorry to hijack your query space...

Wanted to ask a related query. Is there usually a long wait at Narita counter to exchange the voucher for JR pass? can we start the JR pass at a later date than the day we exchange the voucher for pass?

by blur traveller rate this post as useful

Rail Pass 2008/4/4 21:48
When you exchange your voucher you nominate the first day to start your trip.
You can print out the application and fill it out before arriving at the station. http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en006.html#
by coaster rate this post as useful

Lines at Narita 2008/4/4 23:29
In response to your first question, sometimes you do have to wait a long time at the Narita exchange counter. It depends on how many people are ahead of you and how many agents are helping them, but if there are several people ahead of you, it can feel like forever before you get done, especially if the people ahead of you ask a lot of questions.

It usually takes less than 15 minutes to complete the whole process, but at times I have had to wait for more than 30 minutes when there weren't even many people ahead of me. If you don't plan to use the pass that day and there are more than a couple of people in line when you get to the exchange office, you might want to do it some other time.

Of course, it's nice to get it out of the way but I'm usually exhausted and short on patience when I finally get done with the long flight.
by Uma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread