Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya to Fukuoka 2008/4/4 07:59
Hi everyone, this is my second time posting a question. I owe alot to this site for saving my trip, like to Sira for example, so I thought I'd post a second question. Back on topic. I'm landing in Nagoya on
April 30th, I will be in Chubu International Airport. I'm going to be exhausted as is and when I get there would like to know the quickest or/and cheapest way I can get from Nagoya to my first place, Fukuoka. I know the Sanyo Shinkansen will take me there but I'm guessing thats expensive. I need to use the train several times in my trip, as I'm seeing the country. As long as I know how to get to the Station from Nagoya and which train to take and what to expect to pay, I'm happy. Thank You all in advance, I appreciate it.
by robv187  

anyone? 2008/4/4 17:10
bump,
no one willing to help? i know i should make more of an effort to find the answer but i have searched and am a little confused, any help is appreciated
by robv187 rate this post as useful

Nagoya 2008/4/4 17:52
How long will you be in Japan? How many trains rides?
Chubu airport - Nagoya railwaystation is non-JR railway at 1200 Yen.
Nagoya - Hakata ( Fukuoka ) by shinkansen is around 18 000 Yen and takes 4 hours. A 7 day JR Railpass for the shinkansen and other JR trains is 28300 Yen.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/4/4 18:59
Hi Peter, I will be in Japan from the 30th of April to the 22nd of July, about 84-85 days or so. I already have most of my accomodations set and would be using trains to go from Nagoya to Fukuoka, then from Fukuoka from city to city as I go. The idea is to start in the south and make my way north seeing as much as I can, kind of like back packing. Thank you for the help, 18000 Yen isnt as bad as I thought. Would you recommed the 21 day JR pass for my trip?
by robv187 rate this post as useful

night bus 2008/5/19 10:30
Hey
I went from Nagoya to Fukuoka by night bus a few months ago. I took the meitetsu bus line and it was 20,000 yen for a return, so 10,000 one way, I guess. It was a lovely bus and nice to sleep on but I took another night bus to Tokyo and it was terrible so be sure to book quite a high class one if you choose to go by bus.
by Cutetwirler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread