Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asakusa area or Takadanobaba 2008/4/5 01:26
Hey there, I'll be staying in Tokyo for about a week before heading to Kansai area. I need help in making decision for a place to stay. Right now I'm looking at Toukaisou Ryokan in Asakusa and Tama Ryokan in Takadanobaba. Both ryokans look really nice but I'm not sure about the area because I've never been to either one. Right now, I'm leaning toward Asakusa area because it seems to be more traditional area that I like but it seems really far from other major areas. Which area has more local food (ramen, udon, rice)? And if I stay in Asakusa, does it take really long to get to places like Shinjuku, Ginza, and other major areas in Tokyo? Any help would be greatly appreacited. Thanks!
by Nonger  

Kimi Ryokan 2008/4/7 22:57
And also, what about Kimi Ryokan in Ikebukuro? I heard good things about the ryokan but is Ikebukuro a good area to stay?
by Nonger rate this post as useful

Asakusa 2008/4/8 03:08
Asakusa is one of the major areas (culturally and historically)of Tokyo. It is an easy 30 minutes walk from Ueno where you can take the JR Yamanote loop line to go all around downtown Tokyo (it goes to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku Yurakucho near Ginza etc.). You can also take the Ginza subway line at Asakusa and go to Ueno in a few minutes or go to Ginza, Shibuya etc. There are all sorts of restaurants, stores etc. in Asakusa and even more in nearby Ueno. I would choose Asakusa rather than Ikebukuro.
I don't mean to pick on you but do you ever use google to check stuff like maps, local info about Tokyo neighbourhoods and other areas of Japan ?
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Area 2008/4/8 04:38
Sensei 2, thanks alot for your opinion. Regarding your question, yes, I've been doing a lot of research. However, it would be much better if I can get a feel from someone who has been there. I just want to make sure that the area matches my interests (reading from the lonely planet or other guides wasn't enough to make me feel comfortable). Anyway, I really appreciate your opinion. Seems like Asakusa is the winner. Thanks!
by Nonger rate this post as useful

reply to this thread