Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week Shinkansen reservation 2008/4/6 00:39
Hello. I am planning to make a roundtrip from Tokyo to Kyoto during Golden Week and would like to make my Shinkansen reservations asap. I am currently living in Tokyo, but I have a friend who is visiting from the US and she will have a JR rail pass. Is there a way for me to make the reservations for both of us without my friend having to pay extra for the reserved ticket (i.e. Can she pay for it with her pass once we pick up the tickets?). Thanks in advance.
by Leila  

Seat reservations with railpass 2008/4/7 10:21
Leila,

Yes it is possible. If you can use the search function on this forum, you might be able to dig up a post I wrote a while back describing how I did the same for my parents when they visited.
I suggest going to a View Plaza (JR travel agent) rather than a Midori-no-madoguchi, as the staff at the latter are not usually so sympathetic to "awkward" requests like this. When I did it, they held onto the seat reservations until I could go back with my parents' railpasses. Seat reservations for railpass holders are free, of course.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread