Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snowglobes in Tokyo 2008/4/6 20:00
A friend asked me to bring her back a snowglobe from Japan, and now that I'm about to back home I can't find any except generic Disney ones (no marks to show from Japan).

I've searched Takashimaya in Shinjuku, Sunshine 60 in Ikebukuro, Decks and Aqua City in Odaiba and World Porters in Yokohama. Are they really such rare things, or have I just missed them?
by pdx42  

maybe rare 2008/4/7 16:26
Hmm, now that you've mentioned it, I do see very few of them in Japan. In fact, I can't recall seeing anything Japanese-ish in my entire life! Did you consult at the information counters of the shops you went to? I hope someone can give you a hint, but if not, maybe you're right. They are rare here.

I did try a quick search on the internet though. It seems that in Japan they call it either "snowglobe" or "snowdome", and when I searched the keyword in katakana, this is the list I got. The top on the web list (after the sponser links) says they're the biggest in Japan, but their first page doesn't show any Japanese-ish designs.

http://search.goo.ne.jp/web.jsp
by Uco rate this post as useful

Tokyo Tower 2008/4/24 09:44
I've seen snow globes in the souvenirs shops at Tokyo Tower. They've got those that contain the landscape of Tokyo Tower or Rainbow Bridge within the globes.
They even have Hello Kitty ones that show the kitty posed against Japan's backdrop.

Hope this helps!
by Janine rate this post as useful

reply to this thread