Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Would this be a good gift? 2008/4/7 23:00
Years ago I rented a room from a man for 6 weeks in Osaka, and in May I will again rent from him for 3.5 weeks for my honeymoon. He has given us an absurdly low 10,000 yen price tag for this.

Anyhow... I am trying to decide what to take him as a gift. Any suggestions? I had thought about local things, but there isn't much I can think of besides some fruit preserves or something like apple butter or sweet potato butter (I am from North Carolina).

I don't want to take him generic candy bars that you can find anywhere, with my luck I would choose something available in Japan. Does anyone know of good candies you can't find in Japan?

Sake had crossed my mind too, but I probably won't have time to go to a store for sake before we see him. Plus I am not much of a drinker and he would probably want to share it with us and I don't want to be rude by not sharing it with him.
by Robyn  

duty free shop 2008/4/7 23:55
Stop at the duty free shop at your international departure airport. They have scads of good candies, liquors, etc.
by Tay rate this post as useful

Something nice 2008/4/8 07:14
Buy him something nice. I would not recommend going cheap.
by Naomi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread