Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how is the area of kanda for tourist 2008/4/8 10:11
I am staying at the Comfort Hotel Tokyo Kanda.Has any one stayed there before? Is it very far to walk from the Jr Kanda train station to this hotel? I will have luggage.Is there many shops or department stores ,sightseeing to do in this area and is it safe for 2 ladies traveling alone?What kind of night life is in this area? If you know if another hotel which is nice and reasonable I would like to check it out..Thank you so much.
by gayle chun  

Kanda 2008/4/8 12:34
did you check the hotel site for a map and transit ideas? this is what I got:"to the hotel by Train: From east exit of JR Kanda Station (Yamanote line), walk on a crosswalk. Get into a street between the pastry and the bank and go straight for 3 blocks. Then turn left at the bank and walk for 2 blocks and the hotel is on the right". let me add that Kanda is a quiet area. easy access to other parts of Tokyo by subway or Yamanote line. Kanda is famous for numerous bookstores and has a village feel. Not much nightlife there. A good place to stay to get a feeling for non-touristy Tokyo
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Kanda 2008/4/12 03:16
Kanda is pretty quiet and if I remember correct, is full of book stores--a lot of them used books. Not a bad place to stroll around and stay. It's one station away from both Akihabara and Tokyo by Yamanote line and you can easily reach Shinjuku in about 15 minutes by Chuo line from Kanda. So, even if Kanda's night life doesn't thrill you, it's easy to get other places quickly.
by Kev rate this post as useful

money exchange 2008/4/12 03:52
I heard the rate of exchange will be better if I purchase a international postal money order in the U.S. up to $700.00, then bring money order to a post office in Japan with proper ID and Passport .Has any one out there ever done this? if so, was there any problems at the post office..Is there anything else specific that I should know?Thank you..
by gayle chun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread