Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing boyfriend to japan /work 2008/4/9 11:27
Im bringing my boyfriend to japan for around 3 months. He wants to be able to work, he is a united states citizen, while i have dual citizenship (japanese/Usa). what kind of visa would he need? He is only 18 so he doesnt have a degree of any sort.
by May  

Visa questions 2008/4/9 13:23

He will be able to stay in Japan for 3 months on a Temporary Visitor (aka Tourist) visa, but he won't be allowed to work.
If you read back through the forum archives you will see numerous questions from Americans in similar situations. His options for working in Japan are minimal/zero.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

None 2008/4/9 16:52
The only work is might be able to find would be illegal. I would not recommend it.
by Hiro rate this post as useful

boyfriend 2008/4/10 02:26
and it has less to do with Japan than with his age and lack of education (too young, no degrees, likely no knowledge of the local language). He likely would have the same problem in other G8 countries.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread