Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodations in Osaka and Kyoto 2008/4/9 20:18
We will be travelling to Japan in June 08. Planning to travel to Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Kobe from Tokyo. There are 3 of us, we have bought a 7 days JR pass to travel from Tokyo.

Plan to spend:
- 2 day in Osaka
- 3 days in Kyoto
- 1 day in Kobe
- 1 day in Hiroshima

Any advice where to stay? 4000-5500 JPY per nite per person.

Is it convenient to stay in Osaka and move to the other cities everyday from Osaka (as we don't want to bring our luggages around).

by comingtoJapan  

Kyoto recommendation 2008/4/10 10:14
If you'll be staying in Kyoto, I highly highly recommend Rakucho Ryokan. I have been to Kyoto twice and stayed at Rakucho each time. The staff is incredibly friendly and very helpful, and speaks good English too. Price is excellent too, at I think 5600JPY per night per person at most (we got a 5% discount for paying cash), and it's actually cheaper if you're doing more than one to a room. The only thing is location was a little out of the way. It's in the northern end of Kyoto, meaning for most places you'll have to get the subway to Kyoto station first, but even so it's only like a 10 or 15 minute walk to the subway station and another 15 minutes on the subway itself. Here is their website: http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rakucho-ryokan/indx.html

For any other ryokans, I recommend checking out www.japaneseguesthouses.com for great ways to search by location or price or whatever.
by Brian rate this post as useful

Shin Osaka 2008/4/10 17:40
Yes you can use either Kyoto or Osaka as your base. With JR Rail Pass you can use the hikari shinkansen, so it is 90 minutes to Hiroshima, 15 minutes to Kobe or Kyoto. A hotel at your price range direct next to ShinOsaka station ( = the shinkansen station of Osaka ) is Hotel ShinOsaka http://www.hso.jp/index_e.html
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread