Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for male Japanese teacher, in US... 2008/4/11 05:48
I checked the forums for something like this, and all I could find were suggestions for a female teacher. So please forgive me if this has been covered. I did look.

My teacher has been living in the US for almost 30 years, so I don't think something American would be special, and I know chocolates have a completely different meaning in Japanese culture when given as a gift.

I'm definitely going to get a card and have the whole class sign it, but what to get as an actual gift? Flowers are too girly. I think, from the sheer amount of Youtube robot videos he's shown us, that something gadgety might be appropriate, but would that be too personal?

Advice is appreciated, thanks.
by Kelly  

Pen 2008/4/11 20:24
How about a nice pen? Buy one of those Japanese boards that everyone can sign and have everyone use the gift pen to sign the board. That way he will remember everyone whenever he uses the pen. :)
by Joe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread