Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan/Hotel with private Onsen 2008/4/11 21:20
Hi,

ILve lived in Japan twice .. not very long, but still quite a few months.

So, this year I will be going back as a "normal" tourist (which will be the first time) and I want to stay at a Hotel or a Ryokan somewehere in the Fuji area or near Hakone.

What I am looking for is something like this place here: www.hakoneginyu.co.jp
that has a nice atmosphere and a private onsen in/near the room.

Can you recommend any places like that?

My price limit would be 35.000 yen per night/room.

Thanks a lot.
Special thanks to Uji for helping me with questions before.

by Tanja  

Ryokan with private onsen 2008/4/13 15:51
I have just been back from Japan and would recommend a ryokan called churaku ryokan in Arima Onsen in Kobe.
It is expensive but have a nice villa with your own private outdoors steam bath and a hot running onsen in a wooden tub.
plese send me your email so I can send some photos.
It is quite expensive for it covers the cost of first class Japenese style breakfast and dinner prepared at your room.
The cost for such ryokan can vary from 40,000-60,000 Yen
but it is worth it...
Parry
by Parry rate this post as useful

Thank you, but ... 2008/4/13 21:58
Thanks a lot for your information, but Kobe is too far from Fuji so I cannot stay at the recommended place.

Thanks anyway
by Tanja rate this post as useful

ryokan with private bath 2008/4/14 06:59
Tanya, Is that 35,000 total or per person?
Ginyu is a bit above my price range but I have stayed here at Konansou (or Konanso depending on where you see it written) at Kawaguchiko. I was there in March and had a private onsen (a tub on the balcony, but it was onsen, not a bathtub) with a view of Mt. Fuji. We had the 'special delicious dinner' that included fugu, you don't have to get that, but the price per person was about 26,000 yen.
www.japaneseguesthouses.com can do the reservation or here is their japanese site:
http://www.mfi.or.jp/konansou/
I have always wanted to stay here: http://www.onsenji.com/en/ but I believe it's out of both or our price ranges.
Just inside Yamanashi prefecture is Magi Onsen, www.magionsen.com. It's near Otsuki Junction of the Chuo Expressway. It's a small place in a beautiful setting, along a river. They have a coffee house as well, up the hill, from which you can see Mt. Fuji if the weather is clear. It runs about 25,000 yen per person.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread