Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku prince 2008/4/13 21:23
I am goin to tokyo middle of june with my hubby and toddler. I am considering stayin at shinjuku prince. My concern is how long will it take for me to walk from the hotel to the shinjuku subway station as my 15kg toddler refuse to walk most of the time and that means more carrying by me. I read some had said 5 minutes whereas some says 10 minutes and from pictures it looks pretty far. Thanks in advance.
by elaine  

... 2008/4/14 17:57
The thing is that it takes something like 5 to 10 minutes just to go through the crowd of the huge Shinjuku Station. Once you get out of the building, from there I would say it's about 5 minutes if an adult walks fast. But again, there are so many pedestrians along the route to the hotel and you will be crossing one huge square and one broad crossing signal.

Needless to say, the hotel is located inside Seibu-Shinjuku Station, but I suppose the station will not be convenient for you. If you don't want to walk, your best bet is to take a cab from a nearby station and fight traffic. Otherwise you can take turns carrying him just like all the local couples do.

I hope you are aware that there are Limousine Bus services from Haneda and Narita airports that takes you directly to the hotel.
by Uco rate this post as useful

shinjuku prince 2008/4/15 09:58
Dear Uco,
Many thanks
by Elaine rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/18 12:55
As Uco said, it's rather close. The problem is navigating the crowds. He also mentioned that limo buses will take you directly there from the airport. BUT, you should be aware that to take the limo bus from the hotel to the airport is more difficult. You have to walk a ways to get to the hotel to the limo bus pickup area. it's further than the hotel to the station maybe 15-20 minutes walking. But at least when I went, it was on a street that avoided the worst of the crowds.
by Paul H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread