Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

translate this into english 2008/4/14 10:42
Whats the meaning of this translation? I smell something bad about this. Here's the phrase, ''Datte mama bakkari nanda mon'' and also, ''Betuni okotte naiyo''.

Thanks in advance.
by dindo  

... 2008/4/15 06:07
Dindo,

We would definitely need the context for the first one (at least).
"Datte mama bakkari nanda mon'': something like "....Because, it's only for mom" "...Because you only do things for mom" etc., but again, I could be completely wrong. Please provide the context.
'Betuni okotte naiyo'' ...sounds like "I'm not upset at all" "I have no reason to be upset/angry."
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/4/15 11:59
thanks AK for your immediate response.
i just started to learn japanese.

Here's the context.
I was just apologizing to my japanese girlfriend through text message that i am going out to meet my friends that night. the scenario dont include my mom. i guess "mama" means "so so"
by Dindo rate this post as useful

no! 2008/4/15 17:37
That's "ma-ma-"
mama is mom.
by nanasi rate this post as useful

thanx guys but... 2008/4/15 19:02
So if its like this, ''Datte ma-ma bakkari nanda mon'', is she talking bad at me? because of the word bakkari?

And if she says, ''Betuni okotte naiyo'', so therefore she really is upset??? shes just pretending?
by Dindo rate this post as useful

answer 2008/4/15 21:07
It really can be pretending to be upset or really be upset... you 'd have to ask her. But from the tone of the sentence you can say she's upset.
by vik rate this post as useful

reply to this thread