Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ueno or Rongponggi 2008/4/15 00:29
Please advise which is more convenient to access nikko & hakone
by carle  

... 2008/4/15 03:55
I believe that for Hakone, you'll need to go to Shinjuku. Just hop a subway from Roppongi on the Toei Odeo line to Shinjuku, and then transfer to a train bound for Hakone (there's an office that can help us there). Ueno to Shinjuku is much farther.

I'm not sure about travelling to Nikko though, sorry!
by Nika rate this post as useful

to Nikko 2008/4/15 06:14
you can get to Nikko from JR Ueno station if you use a JR pass or from the Tobu railway station in Asakusa if you DON'T have a JR pass. By the way all this is clearly explained in the tabs at the top of the page, right above the questions/ answers:
check Travel and Japan A-Z
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Is Rongpongi convenient to go Nikko? 2008/4/15 10:38
Thanks all for the reply. Can someone adivse me if is convenient to go Nikko from Rongpongi?
by Carle rate this post as useful

Roppongi to Nikko 2008/4/15 13:34
Check the spelling as it will help you find information- it's "Roppongi".

I think you will find if you look in the travel guide part of this website that Shinjuku is a departure point for travelling to Nikko, that is where I left from last time I went there.

Shinjuku is a 10-minute subway ride on the Oedo Line from Roppongi, so relatively convenient, however the problem with the Oedo Line is that it is hundreds of metres underground, far further down than any of the other lines, and carrying luggage on all those escalators would be a pain. You could always take a taxi to Shinjuku I suppose.
by Sira rate this post as useful

TAXI FARE TO SHINJUKU 2008/4/19 12:46
Thanks all for the help. Can i check about how much is the fare for taxi from Roppongi to Shinjuku?

Which is recommended? one night in Nikko or Hakone? as my itinery only allow for 1 night stay in either place.

The answer is 2008/4/19 13:26
which you prefer, onsen resort or historic architecture? ;)
by Ts rate this post as useful

Nature beauty 2008/4/24 23:30
Alot of you recommend Nikko for its beauty. Interested in nature beauty, Hakone or Nikko?

reply to this thread