Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Freespot 2008/4/15 09:01
Hi guys,

For those freespot wireless internet locations in Japan, how do I connect with my wifi device??

Do I need to register/password/log-in or is it simply an open WLAN that I just click on??

Thanks!!
by dom  

Not free 2008/4/16 10:53
If you're talking about the ones similar to the ones in the airport, it's not free. You have to sign up or buy free. You have to sign up or buy a users card to use their service.
by sam rate this post as useful

Freespot 2008/4/16 11:02
Dom,

According to the website, sometimes, you just connect as you would for any free Wifi, but at some places there is a password indicated on the posters in the shop which you need to enter.

Sam,

Freespot is free of charge.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

?? 2008/4/16 17:37
I tried using the freespot in the airport but found out it wasn't free.
by sam rate this post as useful

Freespot 2008/4/16 18:16
Sam,

I tried using the freespot in the airport but found out it wasn't free.

Assuming you are talking about Narita Airport, the Freespot website says there are locations in both terminals, and they are both free of charge. Are you sure these were the ones you were trying to access?

http://www.freespot.com/map/list.php?District=%2Fmap%2Flist....

Narita 2008/4/16 22:10
Hi,
Yes, it was in the Narita Airport. I found a FreeSpot and was excited about using it, but I couldn't, at least not for free. There was a vending machine to buy time, or I could have bought time online, but I wasn't interested. This was last year, 2007, around August. It may have changed since then though.
by Sam rate this post as useful

Free? 2008/4/29 11:17
Anyone know it is free or do I have to pay to use Freespot in the airport? If anyone has used it recently, please let me know. I'm usually looking for free places to use the internet.
by Soloman rate this post as useful

Internet cafes 2008/4/29 13:06
Internet cafes don't seem so popular here as in the states. The Starbucks in my area don't even have wireless access. The only free ones that I've found are my neighbors. Someone is paying for it though. ;)
by Tad rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/1 05:20
FREESPOT in Japan is a particular service name, not "free WiFi spot" in general. It's of course free of charge.

It depends on airports whether or not FREESPOT or any other free WiFi spot is available.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

So.... 2008/5/1 14:36
Are the airport wireless spots free or not? Sorry, but I just can't follow all these posts.
by Hanna rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/1 14:39
It depends on airports. Some are free, others are not.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Libraries 2008/5/2 08:21
Don't libraries have free internet access? I know in the States, all libraries have free computer uses for residents.
by Maxwell rate this post as useful

Libraries 2008/5/2 09:19
Maxwell,

Don't libraries have free internet access? I know in the States, all libraries have free computer uses for residents.

I've never been to one that had internet access.
Most people these days have mobile phones that offer some internet functions, and manga kissa (internet cafes) are everywhere.

Free computer use 2008/5/2 22:07
I used a computer that was available in a Japanese public library. Maybe it depends on which library?
by Techie rate this post as useful

residents 2008/5/3 06:37
I think the computers in libraries are available to residents only.
by comp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread