Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A good foundation? 2008/4/15 10:26
Hi I am going into my Junior year of high school next year and at the same time I'll be taking Japanese classes at a local community college. I talked to the Japanese teacher and he said that there is also free tutoring on weekdays so I can practice even more. I will be practicing my Japanese like crazy since I am extremely motivated. In my Senior year for the first semester I plan to do an exchange program to a Japanese high school. Will the year of extreme Japanese study be enough of a foundation for me to become fluent in Japanese after a semester in a place where I am forced to speak Japanese and I try to speak it as much as possible?
by DiTomasso  

It depends 2008/4/16 21:57
It really depends on you and how you are with picking up the language but I really don't think you'll become that fluent in Japanese after just a semester in a Japanese school as an exchange student.

You won't exactly be forced to speak Japanese but if you try to speak it as much as possible I think you'll definitely be a head of the game. Again it also depends on you as person in picking up the language and how well you are with it.

Ganbatte ne!
by ume rate this post as useful

reply to this thread