Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical Insurance in Japan? 2008/4/20 23:36
My wife is Japanese and we currently live in the US. We have just started a family of our own but she misses hers so much that she wishes we could move there. I have an excellent job with great benefits and pay something I don't expect to get in Japan.So my biggest concern is will I be able to provide the medical care needed for my family and how much of a monthly salary would I need to do that? Is it true that national medical insurance is free for all children up to the age of six?
by nohgoa322  

depends 2008/4/23 22:53
The age for free medical fee differs depending on the municipal. Check the official websites of the cities you plan to live in for more details. For example, there are various aids for those with very low income. In any case, not every family of three spends more than 100,000 yen per year per family on medical expenses. We know, because if the expenses exceed that rate, we can get some tax deduction.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread