Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to college in japan 2008/4/21 03:57
I'm moving to japan right after high school, and i was wondering if i should get an apartment or live at the college's dorms. What do you think?
by Kai20813  

From a fellow student in Tokyo.. 2008/4/22 23:52
I'm studying in Japan right now too, and while I was hesitant about the dorm thing in the beginning, I was totally glad I chose to stay in the dorm (at least for the first semester) in the end. If you're coming alone, staying in a dorm gives you an opportunity to build a lot of valuable relationships and connections that you may miss out on if you go straight to your own apartment.. At the same time, staying in the apartment gives you its own set of benefits. It all depends on who you are, how good your Japanese is, all that jazz. But for me, I found the dorm to be pretty great in the long run. Good luck with your decision! Have a rockin' time, whatever you decide!
by R rate this post as useful

reply to this thread