Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning to go to Japan in October. 2008/4/22 19:02
Hi All

We are planning a 2-3 weeks trip to Japan for October.

We have been to Japan before but that was in the Cherry Blossom season and this time, we aim to fly into Osaka and visit Osaka, Hakone, Mt Fuji, Toyko (2-3 days, visiting friends). We are not sure where to go and what to do around Osaka, since last time, we only visited Kyoto, Five Lakes and Toyko.

We would like to see more surburban Japan. My partner is into photography, so nice scenery would be good too.

Any ideas or tips on travelling during that time? Any places that recommemded around Osaka?

We are also of thinking of renting holiday apartment during our stay in Osaka. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.
by Ellylam  

... 2008/4/23 11:39
by Uji rate this post as useful

Osaka 2008/4/23 14:45
I liked the Osaka bay in Osaka. I spent half a day there taking the Santa Maria cruise by the bay, visiting the maritime museum with a nice transparent dome shape structure and watching the sunset from WTC tower. You can also visit the aquarium there.
by tomong rate this post as useful

Osaka and the Kansai 2008/4/23 15:24
Kyoto has lots to offer to a photograph: temple gardens, the Kiomizu Dera temple on a hill, with old buildings nearby, the Fushimi Inari shrine with thousands of Torii along paths in the forest on the slopes of Mt Inari. There is also Nara huge Park with several famous temples--one with a huge and ancient Buddha--and a nearby forest on the slopes of a low mountain. There is Kobe and the forested slopes of Mt. Rokko above the town. There is the scenic lake Biwa near Kyoto and the superb castles of Himeji and Hikone. Please check www.skyscrapercity kansai and www.skyscrapercity osaka for great photos that will give you some ideas.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

nara? 2008/4/23 15:26
if you havent been to Nara, i think you should go there. theres a lot of historical stuff as much as nature, so you might wanna check the city.
by greg rate this post as useful

staying in Osaka 2008/4/24 03:52
Please check http://www.wmt-osaka.com/ this company, Weekly mansions Osaka, has 2 buildings but only the one at Otemae has apartments. The 1 bedroom are especially good value for 2 people staying a week or so but even short stay are worthwhile. Of course you can splurge on the bigger yet still reasonable apartments. They all have a kitchenette and there is a big common laundry.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread