Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electric plug NZ to Japan 2008/4/24 08:09
We are travelling to Japan in 2 weeks time, and will bring our Panasonic Lumix FZ18 which we bought in NZ. The battery charger 's label says that it is dual-voltage, it accepts 110-240V. But the voltage in Japan is 100V. Do I need to buy a step up transformer? Should I get it in Japan airport or in NZ?

I have also bought a universal plug, but its labels says the electric rating is 125V 6A, 250V 10A. Again, do I need a transformer before using this universal adapter?

Can anyone help?
by Ronin  

Ok 2008/4/24 19:24
It will work as it is, no problem.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Will work for both? 2008/4/28 14:56
Thank you, Sandy. Do you mean that both the universal plug and the digital camera battery charger would be working just fine on Japanese 100V electricity? Please kindly clarify.
by Ronin rate this post as useful

charger 2008/4/29 17:13
I have a Lumix too, different model but a FZ. The charger worked fine but I think that it took a bit longer than in North America.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

yes 2008/4/29 18:23
Yes, the universal plug and the digital camera battery charger would be working just fine on Japanese 100V electricity.

The battery will not take any longer to charge because it is a switch-mode charger which uses any voltage between 100-240V, but still outputs the same voltage (4.2V)
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread