Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Saitama area 2008/4/25 07:05
Does anyone know any places of interest/fun things to do in the Koshigaya, Saitama area? I'm going to be moving there this summer and I haven't been able to find out much information about it thus far. I've lived in Saitama before, but in Kawaguchi and I loved the area. If anybody could tell me about Koshigaya I would appreciate it.
by LadyLLawliet  

Koshigaya 2008/4/25 10:41
Lady,

Koshigaya is just another dreary suburb of Tokyo, so if you liked Kawaguchi(???), you will fit in just fine there. Note that it doesn't have quite so many high-rise housing estates, love hotels, or pachinko parlours as Kawaguchi, but you'll probably cope OK.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

okay 2008/4/27 09:53
I actually did like the Kawaguchi area because after being in the city all the time with school it was nice to have the slower pace of Kawaguchi. I don't have any interest in love hotels or Pachinko parlors anyway; I was just wondering if there was anything of interest there.
by LadyLLawliet rate this post as useful

Koshigaya 2008/4/27 10:32
Koshigaya has a science museum, campbelltown park ( sister city in Australia )with a few australian birds and and a Noh theatre. It is an interesting place and new shopping centre called lake town is being built which is supposed to be huge.
by jgirl rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/4/30 14:54
Thanks for your response. The science museum and shopping center sound interesting; I'll have to see when I get there.
by LadyLLawliet rate this post as useful

Koshigaya 2008/4/30 15:41
I lived in Koshigaya for 7 months a number of years ago and found it very boring (and hot in summer, it just sizzles there), but as Dave said if you liked Kawaguchi...
by Sira rate this post as useful

Koshigaya . . . 2008/5/5 09:43
. . . has probably the most famous wisteria tree in the Tokyo area, at Hisaizu-jinja. And it's probably blooming right now, due to the early flower season. I believe it's actually closer to Kita-Koshigaya station. They usually have a mini festival for a couple of days of blooming, e.g., a couple of food vendors hawking stuff.

Someone recently posted about wisteria in Tokyo, and Hisaizu-jinja and Odawara Castle both come to mind, but they are a bit outside the city itself.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread