Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Declaration Form 2008/4/25 11:31
I'm one of those people who like to understand everything ahead of time - I was searching around and found the declaration form for customs. I have a couple questions.

http://www.customs.go.jp/kaisei/youshiki/form_C/C5360-B.pdf

I am planning on roaming around. I don't have any specific places to stay. What do I put down for an address? Should I leave it blank, or just write the address of a hotel I will probably stay at at some point?

Also, for Side B, description of personal effects, do I list everything I am bringing that is worth more than $100? So, my laptop, camcorder, and mp3 player?

Thanks for you answers.
by US Citizen  

use the hotel address 2008/4/25 13:43
Write the address of the hotel you plan to stay at. Don't leave it blank!!

I usually leave the back blank, unless I'm bring in tabacco or liquor.

You will also need to fill out the Disembarkation Card for Foreigner. You will need to write down your "Intended address in Japan"

Have fun..
by Lacalifusa rate this post as useful

form 2008/4/25 17:40
It is much more convenient to book a hotel for at least the first night than to try to book a hotel once in Japan, especially if you are travelling in the normal vacation time for foreign tourists, or when most of the Japanese are holidaying or if you are landing in late afternoon. write down that address, even if you only stay there for one night.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

don't leave it blank 2008/4/25 20:04
they don't pay any interest if it's filled but they will if it's blank. enjoy the trip.
by phontong rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/25 20:16
I usually leave the back side blank and the customs officer never says anything. Its for dutiable items (eg o-sake and tabako), and/or items you plan to bring as gifts to someone in Japan.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread