Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese mobile phone 2008/4/28 08:18
Is it possible to put a prepaid sim card into any japanese phone (providing same provider) the choice of handsets is very limited here and I need more functions that proivded by softbank.. is there way to purchse good high tech handsets and just insert prepaid sim... thanks.. yoroshiku
by simon  

. 2008/5/1 05:56
what do you mean by "same provider"?

in general, you cannot use your country's local SIM into any Japanese phone.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Which country's pre-paid sim? 2008/5/1 16:50
YOu need to tell us.

Japanese have USIMs,which generally don't work with non-Japanese phones.

They also have SIM cards, rare, which are available for roaming Japanese on Japanese providers.

They also have other types of phones which don't use SIMs.

---

If you're bringing in a SIM from EU/Asia/US, then yes.

Drop it into any WCDMA 2100Mhz compatible phone (eg. Nokia N95, Samsung Z540, Nokia 6233, Sony K810,etc) and you can get coverage in Japan providing that your SIM service provider allows for overseas use.
by D =) rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/2 11:47
Japanese have USIMs,which generally don't work with non-Japanese phones.

USIMs do work with non-Japanese phones.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Hypersim or regional Usim.. 2008/6/8 00:25
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking since its a bit sparse on details. But i know from my own experience, that you can bring a simcard (pre-paid or not) connect it to a hypersim, and use a japanese phone. (depending on the brand.) Check Ebay for hypersims, they should me available for around $10-50.
Good luck!
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread