Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Approximate costs for APT in Nagoya 2008/4/28 23:53
Does anyone know the general costs of getting an apartment in the Nagoya area. My fiancee and I are looking into moving there for a job. 'm looking for a total cost including all the fees.

Thanks
by rob  

Nag Apt Costs 2008/4/29 21:28
Hi,

My husband and I have lived in Nagoya for almost a year now. Our first apartment was a tiny studio, about a minute walk from the major subway line and was about 54,000 a month (rent, gas, electricity. water is every two months and around 3,000 for that period).

We now live in a 2LDK, only a 5 min walk from subway for about 71,000 (utilities incl).

Both apt were about 15 minutes by subway from Sakae, the commercial center of Nagoya.

Of course, parking is extra if you have a car, and the amount of water/gas/electricity used depends on the people living there. Overall, though, the city is extremely livable.
by Min rate this post as useful

Oh... 2008/4/29 21:36
...move in costs vary from mangement company to company. But, be prepared to pay at least one month's rent, deposit (one month's rent), commission fee if you go through agency, and insurance. And if you don't have a guarantor, it's an extra fee (something like 20,000 every two years).

Move in costs could be in the range of 300,000 to 500,000 yen on average, I think.
by Min rate this post as useful

Moving cost 2008/4/29 23:58
Thanks for the reply. It is extremely helpful.
by rob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread